Rising Stars in EECS
An Academic Career Workshop for Women in EECS
Hosted by The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Tuesday, October 29 through Friday, November 1
Welcome to Rising Stars 2019
Rising Stars is an intensive workshop for women graduate students and postdocs who are interested in pursuing academic careers in computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering. Launched at MIT in 2012, the annual event has since been hosted at the University of California at Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon University, MIT and Stanford University. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is delighted to host the 2019 workshop.
Applicants must be women graduate students within about 1-2 years of graduating with a PhD at the time of the workshop, or they must have obtained a PhD no earlier than 2016 and not currently hold a faculty position. All applications must be submitted by June 15, 2019.
1) Research Statement (maximum 2 pages, excluding references, PDF)
2) CV (no page limit, PDF)
3) Contact & Personal Information, Education History, and Research Interests (please complete the online form)
4) At least one reference who can provide a letter of recommendation. (A recommendation request will be sent when you add your reference to the application system.)
1) Teaching Statement (maximum 2 pages, excluding references, PDF)
2) Diversity Statement (maximum 2 pages, excluding references, PDF)
Application Deadline: June 15, 2019 (11:59 PM CDT)
Notification: July 15, 2019
Rising Stars 2019 Workshop: October 29 - November 1
Accommodations and Travel
The Department of Computer Science and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will cover meals and shared accommodations for two nights, and will cover reasonable travel expenses (e.g., air, rail). Additional details forthcoming.
Email inquiries can be directed to: email@example.com
2019 Workshop Co-Chairs